Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tropical Storm Debby


As you may have seen on the news, my area has been dealing with severe flooding and power outages due to down trees.  Normally a tropical storm would not have been a concern, but Debby lingered, non moving, for 2 days of continuous rain.  My area recieved about 18-22 inches in 72 hours.

Thanks to everyone for your concern!  My home and family are safe.  We had a few trees fall on our land, luckily only the power line suffered.  The power company has not come to remove the trees resting on our line yet.  But after reading that they have removed 132 trees from lines and still working, I guess I understand. 

The good news is that I got to read a little.  I was able to finish Aprilynne Pike's last book in the Wings series, Destined!  I will be posting my reveiw soon!

I hope that everyone is having a great week so far! 

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm originally from somewhere that gets hurricanes- glad to hear you got through it okay. I think that the rain is as bad as wind. Once during a hurricane, our road out of town got washed out. It was awful- they had to route us through the access roads in the pineapple and cane fields. It took ages to get phone, electric, etc. back. Those were due more to the rain than the winds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the rain is a hugh concern, especially when you live near large bodies of water like I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete