Thursday, June 28, 2012

Destined


Click to add to Goodread
                                         

By: Aprilynne Pike                               
(Last book in the Wing's series)  

Tamani looked at her gravely, and reached up to touch her hair behind her ear. He hesitated for an instant, then his hands found the sides of her face, pulling her to him. He didn't kiss her, just held her face to his, their foreheads resting together, their noses almost touching.
She hated how much it felt like good-bye.



My Thoughts
This is another one of thoes books I am gald I didn't give up on.  The first book in the series Wings was the first book about faries that I had ever read.  When the main charcter found she had a flower growing out of her back, I nearly stopped reading.  The charcters evolved through the books and I grew to love them.  I am still not convinced that the flower growing out of female faries backs was a good way to go, but over all the series was good. 

Laurel
She has really grown since the first book.  I like the fact that she wants to be truthful with her parents no matter what.  She cares so deeply for them.  Destined really shows how much she has grown since the first book when she was a insecure teen girl in a new place.  She really steps up to protect her friends and family and makes some really hard decisions.

Tamani
We were introduced to Tam in the first book as Laurel's "bodyguard" As you read the books you find out that Tam and Laurel were good friends before she was put in the human world and he has had feelings for her ever since.  He does a great job at keeping his feelings at bay.(although you surffer along with him through all the books) Tam was a great 2nd layer to this series.  Just like Laurel had to get used to the idea of being a farie, Tam had to get used to living in the human world to protect Laurel.  Tam is such a torchered soul, happy about the ending, just wish there was more to his story!

David
David fell for Laurel almost the moment he seen her.  I always felt that he was wrong for her.  He seemed too attached and clingy.  In Destined he proved himself to be a great charcter.  He stood up for Laurel even though he knew that he was wrong for her.  In the end I seen David in a whole new light.  David's reaction and descisions at the end of the book really surprised me.  I understand why but *sniff*

Chelsea
Best friend EVER!!!  Chelsea has been a good friend to Laurel through all the books.  She had a crush on David long before Laurel moved to town, but when David chose Laurel over her, Chelsea became best friends with Laurel instead of hate her.  I think that this says a lot about her charcter.  Chelsea really stepped up in this book.  With the best intrest of thoes around her, she put herself in danger many times.  I am happy to see that this charcter got a happy ending!

This book was action packed, with all the events happening just over a few days.  The letter at the end of the book was a nice touch, I just wish there were more.  I would like to have known what happend in Avalon after all was over.  I would have also liked to have just a little more of the story.  Overall I was happy with the ending.  I just hate that it took someone almost dying for it to come out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I tagged you for the Liebster award on my blog!
    http://thepaige-turner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete